We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Promote physical activity and engage learning at the same time with our free printable scavenger hunts for kids.
Benefits of Scavenger Hunts for Kids
A scavenger hunt encourages kids to explore their surroundings and use their senses. They can develop skills such as observation, creativity, and problem solving. Scavenger hunts provide numerous benefits for your student.
- Scavenger hunts boost observation skills. As your child looks for objects, he will develop better observation skills.
- Scavenger hunts require movement; this promotes gross motor development. Scavenger hunts are also a great way to help kids get the wiggles out–this is great news for kids who learn with their whole bodies.
- A scavenger hunt can provide safe sensory input for your student (feel the fuzzy teddy bear, taste the sweet fruit, smell something stinky or strong, listen to a musical instrument, etc.).
- If you decide to work on a scavenger hunt as a team, it will promote cooperation and social skills development.
- As your student locates each item, he will color it on the printable page provided. This helps develop fine motor skills.
How to Reuse the Scavenger Hunts for Kids
You can simply print the scavenger hunts and add them to clipboards and grab some crayons or pencils before you head out on your hunting adventure. However, if you want to reuse the hunts follow these easy steps:
- Print the scavenger hunt.
- Laminate the scavenger hunt or put it in a dry erase pocket
- Give your student a dry erase marker to use with the hunt.
- When finished, wiped the hunt off with a tissue and save it–it’s ready to use again! Who knows what different things you might find on your next scavenger hunt adventure.
Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
We have a large selection of free printable scavenger hunts. Browse the list and find what you need to engage and teach your students.
Holiday Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Celebrate holidays and special days with these holiday themed scavenger hunts.
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt (Christmas Objects)
- Christmas Scavenger Hunts (Letters and Numbers)
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Additionally, you can find a Green Scavenger Hunt in our St. Patrick’s Day in the Morning printables.
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Community Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Whether you are going to the grocery store or heading out on a field trip to the aquarium, you can grab a scavenger hunt to make the adventure more educational.
Nature Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Would you like to head outdoors for some fresh air? Get up close with nature with these fun nature scavenger hunts.
- Backyard Scavenger Hunt
- Color Scavenger Hunt (can be used in a variety of places in nature!)
- Forest Scavenger Hunt
- Garden Scavenger Hunt
- Listening Scavenger Hunt
- Nighttime Scavenger Hunt
- Pond Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Scavenger Hunt
Indoor Scavenger Hunts
If the weather is frightful, you can give your kids one of these printable indoor scavenger hunts.
- Book Scavenger Hunt
- Circle Scavenger Hunt
- Color Scavenger Hunts (includes indoor and outdoor)
- In My House Scavenger Hunts
This unit study includes a mini-book with scavenger hunts for four rooms in your home: bathroom scavenger hunt, kitchen scavenger hunt, living room scavenger hunt, and bedroom scavenger hunt. So much fun!
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt
Have fun with these printable scavenger hunts–Happy Hunting!