We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Explore nature and have fun in the sun with this free summer scavenger hunt for kids. Your kids will love scouring a local park or your backyard for the plants and animals on the list.
If you would like to browse all of our printable scavenger hunts, try our Scavenger Hunts for Kids page. You’ll find tons of scavenger hunt ideas and printables–enough to keep your kids busy all summer!
Summer Scavenger Hunt List
Your student will search outdoors for these summer items:
- mole hill
- cracks in the mud
- nettles (be careful as these can sting)
Bonus activity: Make a kite!
As your student locates each item, have him color it on the printable page provided.
For extra fun, give your student a magnifying glass and allow him to carefully examine the items as he finds them.
Benefits of the Summer Scavenger Hunt for Kids
This summer scavenger hunt is great to keep your kids busy and learning. It provides many benefits.
- Scavenger hunts boost observation skills. As your child looks for objects, he will develop better observation skills.
- Scavenger hunts require movements; this promotes gross motor development.
- A scavenger hunt can provide safe sensory input for your student (feel the wriggling worm, smell the fresh cut grass, and watch the butterfly swoop through the sky, etc.).
- If you work on the scavenger hunt as a team, it will promote cooperation and social skills development.
Grab Your Free Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt
Grab the free summer scavenger hunt by clicking on the image below.
More Summer Printables for Your Kids
If you’re trying to keep your kids busy and learning this summer, try some of these other engaging activities and printables.