We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Add this simple Outdoor Winter Scavenger Hunt to your nature study and help your kids learn more about the wonderful world of winter! The entire family will have fun outside with this free printable.
If you would like to browse all of our printable scavenger hunts, try our Scavenger Hunts for Kids page.
Items You Will Look for with the Winter Nature Scavenger Hunt
Your student will search outside (you could even go for a short hike in the woods!) for these winter scavenger hunt items:
- Bare Tree
- Crispy Leaf
- Frosty Spider Web
- Icy Puddle
- Tree Stump
- Red Berries
- Animal Burrow
- Evergreen Tree
As your student locates each item, have her color it on the printable page provided.
For extra fun, give your student a magnifying glass and allow him to carefully examine the items as he finds them.
The winter nature scavenger hunt also includes two bonus activities:
- Spot your breath in the cold air.
- Make a bird feeder.
Benefits of the Outdoor Winter Scavenger Hunt
This winter walk scavenger hunt is great as a go-along with your winter theme. It provides many benefits for your student.
- Scavenger hunts boost observation skills. As your child looks for objects, he will develop better observation skills.
- Scavenger hunts require movements; this promotes gross motor development.
- A scavenger hunt can provide safe sensory input for your student (feel the cold snow, hear the bird flying away, see the sparkling ice, etc.)
- If you work on the scavenger hunt as a team, it will promote cooperation and social skills development.
Grab Your Free Winter Scavenger Hunt
Grab the free printable winter scavenger hunt by clicking on the image below.
More Winter Themed Resources for Your Students
If you are building a winter themed study for your students, try some of these additional resources.