We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
If you want a fun, engaging nature study activity, try this free Pond Scavenger Hunt for kids! Your kids will love roaming around the pond searching for the various items on this list. The scavenger hunt is an amazing way to promote observation skills and a love for being in the wild.
Items You Will Look for with the Pond Scavenger Hunt
As your student locates each item, have her color it on the printable page provided.
Your student will search around the pond for these items:
- Frog Eggs
- Water Strider
- Pond Snail
- Lily Pad
- Water Lily
This scavenger hunt also challenges your student to find reflections in the water.
- Cloud Reflections
- Tree or Plant Reflections
- Bird Reflections
- Other Reflections
For extra fun, give your student a magnifying glass and allow him to carefully examine the items as he finds them.
Benefits of the Pond Scavenger Hunt
This pond scavenger hunt is great as a go-along with your pond or frog theme. It provides many benefits for your student.
- Scavenger hunts boost observation skills. As your child looks for objects, he will develop better observation skills.
- Scavenger hunts require movements; this promotes gross motor development.
- A scavenger hunt can provide safe sensory input for your student (feel the fuzzy cattails, hear the bird singing, look carefully for frog or toad eggs, etc.)
- If you work on the scavenger hunt as a team, it will promote cooperation and social skills development.
- Additionally, the reflection report will increase critical thinking skills as your child looks for reflections in the water. The scavenger hunt also promotes critical thinking by asking your student to consider what is causing ripples in the water.
Grab Your Free Pond Scavenger Hunt Printable
Grab the scavenger hunt by clicking on the image below.
More Pond Themed Printables for Your Young Learner
Are you building a pond theme for preschool or kindergarten? Check out some of our Frog Printables!