We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Add some educational fun to your beach adventures this summer with this free Beach Scavenger Hunt for kids. Even if you aren’t heading to the beach, you can still use this scavenger hunt. Try looking for the items in an ocean themed picture book.
If you would like to browse all of our printable scavenger hunt ideas, try our Scavenger Hunts for Kids page.
Items You Will Look for with the Beach Scavenger Hunt
Your student will search the beach for these items:
- Beach Ball
- Sun Hat
- Swim Ring
- Ice Cream
- Bucket & Spade
As your student locates each item, have him color it on the printable page provided. You can grab your free copy at the end of this post.
For extra fun, give your student a magnifying glass and allow him to carefully examine the items as he finds them.
- Splash! Can you jump over 10 waves?
- Listen! Can you hear a seagull?
Benefits of the Scavenger Hunt for the Beach
This beach scavenger hunt is great as a go-along with your ocean theme. It provides many benefits for your student.
- Scavenger hunts boost observation skills. As your child looks for objects, he will develop better observation skills.
- Scavenger hunts require movements; this promotes gross motor development.
- A scavenger hunt can provide safe sensory input for your student (feel the slimy seaweed, smell the salty air, listen to the waves lapping, etc.)
- If you work on the scavenger hunt as a team, it will promote cooperation and social skills development.
Grab Your Free Beach Scavenger Hunt
Grab the scavenger hunt by clicking on the image below.
More Ocean Themed Printables for Your Students
If you are learning about oceans, try some of these free printables.