We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for printable color activities for preschool? You are in the right place! We have gobs of printables and lessons to help your preschooler learn colors while having fun.
Color Lapbooks for Preschool
Learn about eleven different colors with these interactive color mini-lapbooks for preschoolers.
Playdough Colors Preschool Activities
Make or grab some playdough and put those fine motor skills to work as you have fun creating color words and objects with our color themed playdough mats.
Learn Colors with Playdough Mats
- Flower Colors Playdough Mats
- Pirate Colors Playdough Mats
- Space Colors Playdough Mats
- Unicorn Playdough Mats
- Zoo Colors Playdough Mats
Learn Color Words with Playdough Mats
- Bear Color Word Playdough Mats
- Bird Color Word Playdough Mats
- Cat Color Word Playdough Mats
- Crayon Color Word Playdough Mats
- Frog Color Word Playdough Mats
- House Color Word Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Color Word Playdough Mats
- Ladybug Color Word Playdough Mats
- Rabbit Color Words Playdough Mats
Picture Book Printables with Color Activities for Preschoolers
Make a literature connection with colors with these picture book activities and printables. Your preschool or kindergarten student will love the stories and activities.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear Book Activities & Printables
- Mouse Paint Activities & Printables
- Rainbow Printables
This set of printables is not based on a picture book, but you could easily make a literature connection by using a rainbow themed book such as A Rainbow of My Own by Don Freeman.
Picture Book Activities for Specific Colors
These literature based activities and lessons can be used to teach specific colors.
- My Blue Boat Activities & Printables (blue)
- Little Boy Blue Activities & Printables (blue)
- The Red Carpet Activities & Printables (red)
- The Yellow Ball Activities & Printables (yellow)
- The Carrot Seed Activities & Printables (orange, brown)
- The Big Green Pocketbook Activities & Printables (green)
Color Matching Activities for Preschoolers
The color matching worksheets are great for boosting fine motor skills while reviewing colors. Simply print, pop into a page protector, and go! You can use these again and again.
- Bee Colors Matching Worksheets
- Butterfly Colors Matching Worksheets
- Car Colors Matching Worksheets
- Circus Colors Matching Worksheets
- Dog Colors Matching Worksheets
- Farm Color Matching Worksheets (features tractors and barns)
- Paint Color Matching Worksheets
- Pirate Colors Matching Worksheets
- Letters and Mailboxes Colors Matching Worksheets
- Mouse Colors Matching Worksheets
- Rabbit Colors Matching Worksheets
Color Memory Games
Use these fun matching games to teach your preschooler colors while boosting memory skills and learning how to take turns.
Other Color Activities for Preschool
Here are a few more engaging ways to teach or review colors with your little learners.
- Art Studio Dramatic Play Printables
- Color Mixing Worksheets
- Color Scavenger Hunts
- I Can Draw Colors! Activity Pages
- Monster Colors Printable Book