We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for an engaging activity to add to your home theme? You can review colors, build words, and challenge your student to be creative with these House Color Word Playdough Mats.
Benefits of Playing with Playdough
Playdough is a great toy for your preschool or kindergarten student. It provides several benefits:
Squeezing, squishing, and warming up the playdough helps to strengthen your student’s grip.
Builds Fine Motor Skills
Rolling the dough into the snake-like shape and using it to fill the color word helps build your student’s fine motor skills.
After your student builds the blue color words, challenge her to create something out of that color of playdough. Can she make a blue house? What other things are blue? Encourage her to use her imagination to build other blue things.
What’s Included in the Playdough Mats?
The color word playdough mats includes these colors:
How to Use the Color Word Playdough Printables
The house color word playdough mats are simple to use.
- Print the playdough mats.
- Laminate the mats or put them in dry erase pockets.
- Get out a variety of colors of playdough.
- Show your student how roll the dough into long snake-like shapes. Form the lines of dough into the letters of the color word on the playdough mat.
- Let your student go for it!
- You can use this time to review colors and practice learning letters (and even some letter sounds).
Grab the Free Color Word Playdough Mats
Download a copy of the free color word playdough mats by clicking the image below.
More Houses and Homes Themed Resources
If you are building a house themed study for your student, check out these other activities and printables: