We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for an engaging activity to add to your art theme? Review colors, build words, and challenge your student to be creative with these Color Words Playdough Mats.
Benefits of Playing with Playdough
Playdough is a great toy for your preschool or kindergarten student. It provides several benefits:
Squeezing, squishing, and warming up the playdough helps to strengthen your student’s grip.
Builds Fine Motor Skills
Rolling the dough into the snake-like shape and using it to fill the color word helps build your student’s fine motor skills.
After your student builds the a color word and crayon, challenge her to create something out of that color of playdough. Can she make a red heart or flower? What other things are red? Encourage her to use her imagination to build other red things.
What’s Included in the Color Words Playdough Mats?
The color word playdough mats includes these eleven colors:
How to Use the Color Words Playdough Mats
The color words playdough mats are simple to use.
- Print the color word playdough mats.
- Laminate the mats or put them in dry erase pockets.
- Get out a variety of colors of playdough.
- Show your student how roll the dough into long snake-like shapes. Form the lines of dough into the letters of the color word on the playdough mat. Encourage your student to make playdough crayons, too.
- Let your student go for it!
- You can use this time to review colors and practice learning letters (and even some letter sounds).
Get Your Free Color Word Playdough Mats
Download a copy of the free color word playdough mats by clicking the image below.
More Art Themed Resources
If you want to build an art theme for your early learners, try some of these other activities and printables:
- Paint Shapes Tracing Pages
- I Can Draw Colors Activity Pages
- Crayon Alphabet Mats
- Art Patterns Worksheets