We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for an engaging activity to add to your cat theme?
Review colors, build words, and challenge your student to be creative with these Cat Color Word Playdough Mats.
The cat color word playdough mats includes these ten colors: blue, orange, green, red, yellow, purple, pink, brown, black, and white.
How to Use the Cat Color Word Playdough Mats
The cat color word playdough mats are simple to use.
- Print the cat color word playdough mats.
- Laminate the mats or put them in dry erase pockets.
- Get out a variety of colors of playdough.
- Show your student how roll the dough into long snake-like shapes. Form the lines of dough into the letters of the color word on the playdough mat.
- Let your student go for it!
- You can use this time to review colors and practice learning letters (and introduce some letter sounds).
Benefits of Playing with Playdough
Playdough is a great toy for your preschool or kindergarten student. It provides several benefits:
Squeezing, squishing, and warming up the playdough helps to strengthen your student’s grip.
Builds Fine Motor Skills
Rolling the dough into the snake-like shape and using it to fill the color word helps build your student’s fine motor skills.
After your student builds the cat color words, challenge him to create something out of that color of playdough. Can he make a blue cat? What other things are blue? (blueberry, bluebird, jeans, butterfly, etc.) Encourage him to use his imagination to build other blue things.
Download the Cat Color Word Playdough Mats
Download a copy of the free cat color word playdough mats by clicking the image below.
More Cat Themed Resources
If you are jumping into a cat themed unit study, consider some of these other resources: