We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for a hands-on activity to add to your rabbit theme?
Review colors, build words, and challenge your student to be creative with these Rabbit Color Word Playdough Mats.
The rabbit color word playdough mats includes these ten colors: blue, orange, green, red, yellow, purple, pink, brown, black, and white.
How to Use the Rabbit Color Word Playdough Mats
The rabbit color word playdough mats are simple to use.
- Print the rabbit color word playdough mats.
- Laminate the mats or put them in dry erase pockets.
- Get out a variety of colors of playdough.
- Show your student how roll the dough into long snake-like shapes. Form the lines of dough into the letters of the color word on the playdough mat.
- Let your student go for it!
- You can use this time to review colors and practice learning letters (and even some letter sounds).
Benefits of Playing with Playdough
Playdough is a great toy for your preschool or kindergarten student. It provides several benefits:
Squeezing, squishing, and warming up the playdough helps to strengthen your student’s grip.
Builds Fine Motor Skills
Rolling the dough into the snake-like shape and using it to fill the color word helps build your student’s fine motor skills.
After your student builds the rabbit color words, challenge him to create something out of that color of playdough. Can he make a yellow rabbit? What other things are yellow? (sun, flower, banana, crayon, lemon, etc.) Encourage him to use his imagination to build other yellow things.
Download the Rabbit Color Word Playdough Mats
Download a copy of the free rabbit color word playdough mats by clicking the image below.
More Rabbit Themed Resources
If you want to build a rabbit theme for your preschool or kindergarten student, try some of these other printable rabbit resources: