We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you building a garden theme for little learners? Turn playtime with playdough into a garden adventure and an opportunity to learn about colors with these playdough flowers mats.
Benefits of Playing with the Playdough Flowers Printable Mats
When we think of playdough play, we know that all the squishing, twisting, and turning boosts fine motor skills, but playing with playdough also develops creativity, problem-solving skills, and language. Playdough is playful learning at its best.
- Playdough play encourages experimenting and problem-solving. Children can try different approaches to completing the tasks without breaking anything—because it’s just dough!
- This set of playdough mats will also encourage language and literacy. Students will learn or review some new vocabulary words such as flower names: pansy, daffodil, daisy, and hyacinth.
- Students will also learn or review these color words: purple, yellow, white, blue, red, orange, and pink. You can also reinforce green by asking students to build green stems.
- Creating with playdough is also wonderful for children because it gives them a sense of pride when they complete a task.
What’s Included in the Playdough Flowers Color Mats?
This file includes seven playdough mats with a variety of spring flowers for your student to build.
Each mat has directions for your student to create a color flower with playdough.
For instance, the first mat directs: Make a purple pansy.
The second mat directs: Make yellow daffodils.
How to Get Started with the Flower Colors Playdough Mats
It’s super simple to get started with this learning activity.
- Laminate the playdough mats or put each one in a dry erase pocket or page protector.
- Give your student playdough and one playdough mat.
- Encourage your student to create the spring flowers with the color directed on the mat.
Get Your Set of Free Playdough Mats
Subscribe to the newsletter using the form below in order to have the free printable playdough mats delivered directly to your inbox.
More Playdough Printables for Your Early Learner
If you are looking for more playdough flower activities for your preschool and kindergarten students, try these!