We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you looking for an engaging activity to add to your frog theme? Head to the pond and grab this free hands-on playdough activity.
Review colors, build words, and challenge your student to be creative with these Frog Playdough Mats.
The frog color word playdough mats includes these ten colors: blue, orange, green, red, yellow, purple, pink, brown, black, and white.
How to Use the Frog Playdough Mats
The frog color word playdough mats are simple to use.
- Print the frog color word playdough mats.
- Laminate the mats or put them in dry erase pockets.
- Get out a variety of colors of playdough.
- Show your student how roll the dough into long snake-like shapes. Form the lines of dough into the letters of the color word on the playdough mat.
- Let your student go for it!
- You can use this time to review colors and practice learning letters (and even some letter sounds).
Benefits of Playing with Playdough
Playing with playdough is a great activity for your preschool or kindergarten student. It provides several benefits:
Squeezing, squishing, and warming up the playdough helps to strengthen your student’s grip.
Builds Fine Motor Skills
Rolling the dough into the snake-like shape and using it to fill the color word helps build your student’s fine motor skills.
After your student builds the frog color words, challenge her to create something out of that color of playdough. Can she make an orange lily pad? An orange frog? What other things are orange? (basketball, traffic cone, carrot, etc. Encourage her to use her imagination to build other orange things.
Download the Free Frog Color Word Playdough Mats
Download a copy of the free frog color word playdough mats by clicking the image below.
More Frog Themed Resources
If you are building a frog themed unit (or a pond themed unit), check out these frog printables: