We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Give your kids a hands-on math experience with our count and clip cards. Practicing math with the counting clip cards will teach your student about counting as well as the concepts of more and less.
What’s Included in Each Count and Clip Cards Set?
Each count and clip card set includes 16 printable cards:
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has less?”
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has more?”
- Eight of the cards ask the student to count to a specific number.
The cards include answers on the back. This allows students to check their own answers and receive immediate feedback.
How to Use the Count and Clip Cards
These counting cards are perfect for math centers or an independent math activity for preschool and kindergarten students.
- Cut out the cards. Fold on the dotted line to hide the answer (on the back of the card). If desired, glue the strip down.
- After you assemble the cards, laminate for durability.
- Show student how to use the clip cards by determining more, less, or the right quantity. Student should place a clip on the card with her answer.
- Student can turn over the card to check her own work. If she didn’t get it right on the first try, encourage her to count again.
List of Free Printable Counting Clip Cards
We have several sets of free printable counting cards. Simply choose one that works with your current theme or choose one that would delight your student.
- Donut Counting Cards
- Fireflies Counting Cards (Insect Theme)
- Flowers Counting Cards (Garden or Spring Theme)
- Frogs Counting Cards
- Gingerbread Cookies Counting Cards
- Hot Air Balloon Counting Cards (Transportation Theme)
- Mice Counting Cards (Farm Theme)
- Moon Rock Counting Cards (Space Theme)
- Penguins Counting Cards (Polar Animal Theme)
- Watermelon Seeds Counting Cards (Garden Theme)
- Zoo Animals Counting Cards
Extend the Learning with More Math Concepts
You don’t have to stop with counting or the concepts of more or less; the cards can be used for other math concepts.
Once your student masters the counting clip cards, try some of these ideas:
- When comparing which card has less, ask your student, “How many less are there?”
- When comparing which card has more, ask your student, “How many more are there?
- Ask your student to count all of the objects on the card. “How many objects are there altogether?”
- Use your imagination to create other math games for the cards. Students love to play with math!
Practice Counting with These Other Math Activities
If you are looking for more counting practice, you’re in the right spot. Try some of these free printables and activities:
- Counting Sprinkles Ice Cream Math Mats
- Counting Popcorn Dice Game
- Counting Caterpillar Math Activity