We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Have you ever stumbled upon an anthill with busy ants running to and fro? I always wonder what those ants are doing. It looks like mass chaos.
Well, there isn’t any way to count ALL of those ants around the anthill, but you can use our Ants Counting Clip Cards for hands-on counting practice.
This set of count and clip cards is perfect for an insect themed unit or for adding to your insect lesson plans.
What’s Included in the Ants Count and Clip Set?
This count and clip card set includes 16 printable cards:
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has less?”
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has more?”
- Eight of the cards ask the student to count to a specific number.
The cards include answers on the back. This allows students to check their own answers and receive immediate feedback.
The Ants Count and Clip Cards provide a fantastic hands-on counting activity for your students.
How to Use the Ants Counting Clip Cards
- Cut out the cards. Fold on the dotted line to hide the answer (on the back of the card). If desired, glue the strip down.
- After you assemble the cards, laminate for durability.
- Show student how to use the clip cards by determining more, less, or the right quantity. Student should place a clip on the card with her answer.
- Student can turn over the card to check her own work. If she didn’t get it right on the first try, encourage her to count again.
Extend the Learning with More Math Concepts
Once your student masters the Ants Count and Clip Cards, try some of these ideas:
- When comparing which anthill has less, ask your student, “How many less ants are there?”
- When comparing which anthill has more, ask your student, “How many more ants are there?
- Ask your student to count all of the ants on the card. “How many ants are there altogether?”
- Go outside and hunt for insects! Compare and contrast the different kinds of insects you find. You can use a clipboard to track your data as you go along. When you return home, ask your student questions: “How many more bees did we see than butterflies? Did we see more crickets or more ants? How many total insects did we see?”
Download the Free Ants Counting Clip Cards
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of printable count and clip cards.
More Insect Printables for Early Learners
Are you building a bug theme for your preschool or kindergarten students? Check out some of these resources: