We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Combine math and fine motor skills for an engaging hands-on experience with this printable Popcorn Counting Mat. It’s a perfect addition to a circus theme for your preschool and kindergarten students.
Explore Counting and Simple Addition
The Popcorn Counting Mat can be used to teach counting, and it can be used to teach simple addition.
If you want to explore counting with your student, use one dice. Student rolls the dice, counts the dots, and uses manipulatives to add the corresponding number of popcorn pieces to the math mat.
If you want to teach simple addition, your student will need two dice. Student rolls the dice and adds then numbers and then student places the corresponding number of manipulatives to the math mat.
Benefits of Hands-on Learning with a Math Mat
The counting mat uses hands-on learning to teach counting and simple addition. As students roll the dice and add the manipulatives to the page, they are playing with math.
Hands-on learning is essential for preschool and kindergarten students.
- It allows students to use their senses to explore new concepts.
- It improves fine motor skills.
- It allows young learners to make mistakes and problem solve.
- It also engages multiple areas of their brains while creating new connections.
How to Get Started with the Popcorn Counting Mat
The printable math mat is easy to use.
- Print the popcorn counting mat.
- Laminate the mat, or put it in a Dry Erase Sleeve or page protector.
- Gather dice and any manipulatives you need.
- Show your student how to use the math mat.
Download the Free Popcorn Math Mat
Simply click on the image below to grab your printable math mat.
More Circus Themed Printables
If you are building a circus themed unit for preschool or kindergarten, check out these other resources.