We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you dreaming of spring? I am. I love spring planting with the promise of summer flowers in the garden!
This set of free Flowers Counting Clip Cards is perfect for your garden themed unit or garden lesson plans. Your preschool or kindergarten student will love this hands-on math activity.
What’s Included in the Flowers Count and Clip Set?
This count and clip card set includes 16 printable cards:
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has less?”
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has more?”
- Eight of the cards ask the student to count to a specific number.
The cards include answers on the back. This allows students to check their own answers and receive immediate feedback.
The Flowers Count and Clip Cards provide a fantastic hands-on counting activity for your students.
How to Use the Flowers Counting Clip Cards
- Cut out the cards. Fold on the dotted line to hide the answer (on the back of the card). If desired, glue the strip down.
- After you assemble the cards, laminate for durability.
- Show student how to use the clip cards by determining more, less, or the right quantity. Student should place a clip on the card with her answer.
- Student can turn over the card to check her own work. If she didn’t get it right on the first try, encourage her to count again.
Extend the Learning with More Math Concepts
Once your student masters the Flowers Count and Clip Cards, try some of these ideas and activities:
- When comparing which flower bed has less, ask your student, “How many less flowers are there?”
- When comparing which flower bed has more, ask your student, “How many more flowers are there?
- Ask your student to count all of the flowers on the card. “How many flowers are there altogether?”
- Plant some flower seeds. Measure the flowers as they grow. Once the weather is right, move the small plants outside. Continue to measure as the flowers continue to grow.
Download the Flowers Counting Clip Cards
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of printable count and clip cards.
More Garden Printables for Your Preschool or Kindergarten Student
Are you looking for more garden printables? Try some of these engaging activities: