We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Fireflies (or lightning bugs as we call them in Indiana) are amazing insects. I love watching the flashes of light across the yard throughout the summer.
You can enjoy fireflies, too, with this set of printable Fireflies Counting Clip Cards. These are a great addition to your insect themed unit or lesson plans.
What’s Included in the Fireflies Count and Clip Set?
This count and clip card set includes 16 printable cards:
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has less?”
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has more?”
- Eight of the cards ask the student to count to a specific number.
The cards include answers on the back. This allows students to check their own answers and receive immediate feedback.
The Fireflies Count and Clip Cards provide a fantastic hands-on counting activity for your students.
How to Use the Fireflies Counting Clip Cards
- Cut out the cards. Fold on the dotted line to hide the answer (on the back of the card). If desired, glue the strip down.
- After you assemble the cards, laminate for durability.
- Show student how to use the clip cards by determining more, less, or the right quantity. Student should place a clip on the card with her answer.
- Student can turn over the card to check her own work. If she didn’t get it right on the first try, encourage her to count again.
Extend the Learning with More Math Concepts
Once your student masters the Fireflies Count and Clip Cards, try some of these ideas:
- When comparing which night sky has less, ask your student, “How many less fireflies are there?”
- When comparing which night sky has more, ask your student, “How many more fireflies are there?
- Ask your student to count all of the fireflies on the card. “How many fireflies are there altogether?”
- If you live in an area that has these glowing insects, go outside and count them!
Download the Fireflies Counting Clip Cards
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of printable count and clip cards.
More Insect Printables for Early Learners
If you are developing insect themed lesson plans, or an insect unit study, grab some of these other printables.