We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you planning a watermelon theme or garden theme for your early learners? Scoop up these Watermelon Counting Clip Cards to add some hands-on math practice for your students.
What’s Included in the Watermelon Count and Clip Set?
This count and clip card set includes 16 printable cards:
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has less?”
- Four of the cards ask the student to compare, “Which one has more?”
- Eight of the cards ask the student to count to a specific number.
The cards include answers on the back. This allows students to check their own answers and receive immediate feedback.
The Watermelon Count and Clip Cards provide a fantastic hands-on counting activity for your students.
How to Use the Watermelon Counting Clip Cards
- Cut out the cards. Fold on the dotted line to hide the answer (on the back of the card). If desired, glue the strip down.
- After you assemble the cards, laminate for durability.
- Show student how to use the clip cards by determining more, less, or the right quantity. Student should place a clip on the card with her answer.
- Student can turn over the card to check her own work. If she didn’t get it right on the first try, encourage her to count again.
Extend the Learning with More Math Concepts
Once your student masters the Watermelon Count and Clip Cards, try some of these ideas:
- When comparing which watermelon has less, ask your student, “How many less seeds are there?”
- When comparing which watermelon has more, ask your student, “How many more seeds are there?
- Ask your student to count all of the seeds on the card. “How many seeds are there altogether?”
- Buy a watermelon (with seeds!). Count and compare the number of seeds in your watermelon slice to the number of seeds in your student’s watermelon slice.
Download the Watermelon Counting Clip Cards
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of printable count and clip cards.
More Garden Themed Printables
Are you learning all about gardens?
Grab more garden themed printables for your preschool or kindergarten students: