We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you on the hunt for a fun way to get your preschool or kindergarten student to practice tracing? Grab some of our free tracing lines worksheets!
What Are the Benefits of Tracing for Preschoolers?
Tracing lines can help develop multiple skills for your preschool students. In addition to building fine motor readiness, tracing also develops other essential skills.
- Tracing lines refines pre-writing skills.
- Tracing builds hand-eye coordination.
- Tracing increases concentration and focus.
- Tracing also encourages drawing and creativity.
- Tracing promotes confidence as your student finishes each task on the activity page.
Easy Tracing Lines Worksheets
The free tracing lines worksheets are available in a variety of themes. Browse the list below to find one that matches the season or sparks your student’s interest. It may be easier to motivate your students to move their pencils if you find sets that will motivate them.
- Apples Tracing Worksheets
- Bears Tracing Worksheets
- Christmas Tracing Worksheets
- Circus Tracing Worksheets
- Dinosaur Tracing Worksheets
- Farm Friends Tracing Worksheets
- Flowers Tracing Worksheets
- Frogs Tracing Worksheets
- Ice Cream Tracing Worksheets
- Insects Tracing Worksheets
- Ocean Animals Tracing Worksheets
- Polar Animals Tracing Worksheets
- Super Hero Tracing Worksheets
- Transportation Tracing Worksheets
- Weather Tracing Worksheets
- Zoo Tracing Worksheets
What’s Included in the Tracing Lines Worksheets Printable Packs?
Each printable file includes the following pages:
- Two or more full color pages with tracing exercises.
- Two or more black and white pages with tracing exercises.
The pages also include prompts to entice your student to trace. Some examples of the prompts include:
- “Help the bear climb the step ladder.”
- “Dip the roller in the can of paint.”
- “Help the bear paint the wall.”
These prompts will provide your student with a sense of purpose while completing the tracing exercises. Finishing a page will help build your student’s confidence.
How to Prepare the Tracing Lines Printables
The tracing lines worksheets are easy to use and don’t require any prep.
- Print the pages.
- For the full color version, laminate the page or put it in a sheet protector. Give your student a dry erase marker to trace the lines. Erase. Use again and again!
- For the black and white version, give your student a pencil or crayon. Encourage your student to trace the lines and color the images.
More Tracing Lines Worksheets
After your student is able to trace lines, consider bumping up to our Shapes Tracing Worksheets. We have oodles of themes for you to use with your preschool or kindergarten student.