We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Give your preschooler’s fine motor skills a fun workout with our free Christmas tracing worksheets.
What Are the Benefits of Tracing for Preschoolers?
Tracing lines can help develop multiple skills for your preschool students. In addition to building fine motor readiness, tracing also develops other essential skills.
Tracing can do the following for your student:
- Refines pre-writing skills
- Builds hand-eye coordination
- Increases concentration and focus
- Encourages drawing and creativity
- Promotes confidence
What’s Included in the Christmas Tracing Worksheets Printable Pack?
The printable file includes a set of full color worksheets with tracing exercises as well as a set of black and white worksheets with tracing exercises.
The pages include prompts to entice your student to trace. The prompts include:
- Help the Gnome Find His Way Home
- Help the Gnome Find a Holiday Tree
- Help the Gnome Decorate the Tree
- Help the Gnome Fill the Stocking
- Help the Gnome Find a Holiday Treat
These prompts will provide your student with a sense of purpose while completing the tracing exercises. Finishing a page will help build your student’s confidence.
Preparing the Christmas Tracing Worksheets
- Decide if you will use the black and white version or the full color version.
- Print the pages.
- If using the black and white version, give your student a crayon or pencil to trace the lines. If your student hasn’t mastered the pincher grip, use a broken crayon piece to help your student hold the crayon correctly.
- If using the full color version of the Christmas tracing worksheets, laminate them. Alternatively, you could put them in page protectors or dry-erase pockets. Let your student use a dry-erase marker to trace the lines.
When you model how to use the tracing pages, show your student how to move from the top of the page to the bottom of the page.
Grab Your Set of Preschool Tracing Worksheets
Simply click on the image below to grab your free set of Christmas Tracing Worksheets.
More Tracing Worksheets for Preschool
Are you hoping to boost your student’s fine motor skills? Check out these other tracing activities: