We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Give your dinosaur lover these fun dinosaur tracing worksheets and boost fine motor skills, confidence, hand-eye coordination, and more!
Tracing Line Benefits for Preschool Students
Tracing lines can help develop multiple skills for your preschool students. In addition to building fine motor readiness, tracing also develops other essential skills.
Tracing can do the following for your student:
- Refines pre-writing skills
- Builds hand-eye coordination
- Increases concentration and focus
- Encourages drawing and creativity
- Promotes confidence
What’s Included in the Dinosaur Tracing Worksheets Printable Pack?
The printable file includes the following pages:
- Two full color pages with tracing exercises.
- Two black and white pages with tracing exercises.
Each page includes three lines to trace. You’ll find a variety of lines throughout the pack: wavy lines, zig zag lines, curved lines, and more.
The pages also include prompts to entice your student to trace. The student is encouraged to “help the dinosaur hatch out of the egg.”
The prompt will provide your student with a sense of purpose while completing the tracing exercises. Finishing a page will help build your student’s confidence.
Preparing the Dinosaur Tracing Worksheets
- Decide if you will use the black and white version or the full color version.
- Print the pages.
- If using the black and white version, give your student a crayon or pencil to trace the lines. If your student hasn’t mastered the pincher grip, use a broken crayon piece to help your student hold the crayon correctly.
- If using the full color version of the dinosaur tracing worksheets, laminate them. Alternatively, you could put them in page protectors or dry-erase pockets. Let your student use a dry-erase marker to trace the lines.
When you model how to use the tracing pages, show your student how to move from left to right.
Grab Your Set of Free Preschool Tracing Pages
Simply click on the image below to grab your free set of Dinosaur Tracing Pages.
More Dinosaur Themed Printables
Are you preparing a roaring dinosaur themed unit for your early learners? Try these resources: