We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
With these Polar Animals Preschool Tracing Worksheets, your preschool student will be asked to help the penguin, moose, and polar bear complete fun winter tasks. Your child will love helping the animals as they trace the lines.
What Are the Benefits of Tracing for Preschoolers?
Tracing lines can help develop multiple skills for your preschool students. In addition to building fine motor skills, tracing also develops other essential skills.
Tracing can do the following for your student:
- Refines pre-writing skills (this gets your student ready to write the alphabet)
- Builds hand-eye coordination
- Increases concentration and focus
- Encourages drawing and creativity
- Promotes confidence
What’s Included in the Polar Animals Preschool Tracing Worksheets?
The printable file includes the following pages:
- Three full color pages with tracing exercises.
- Three black and white pages with tracing exercises.
Each page includes three lines to trace. You’ll find a variety of lines throughout the pack: wavy lines, zig zag lines, curved lines, and more.
The pages also include prompts to entice your student to trace. Some examples of the prompts include:
- Help the penguin build a snowman.
- Help the moose build a snow fort.
- Help the bird find a friend.
- Throw a snowball at the moose.
- Find a mitten for the polar bear.
These prompts will provide your student with a sense of purpose while completing the tracing exercises. Finishing a page will help build your student’s confidence.
Preparing the Polar Animals Tracing Pages
- Decide if you will use the black and white version or the full color version.
- Print the pages.
- If using the black and white version, give your student a crayon or pencil to trace the lines. If your student hasn’t mastered the pincher grip, use a broken crayon piece to help your student hold the crayon correctly.
- If using the full color version of the Polar Animals Tracing Pages, laminate them. Alternatively, you could put them in page protectors or dry-erase pockets. Let your student use a dry-erase marker to trace the lines.
When you model how to use the tracing pages, show your student how to move from left to right.
Grab Your Set of Preschool Tracing Worksheets
Simply click on the image below to grab your free set of Polar Animals Tracing Pages.
More Polar Animals Printables
Are you preparing a polar animal themed unit for your early learners? Try these printable resources: