We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Kids love animals, and farm animals are a great springboard into a variety of science lessons. Snag some of these farm animal activities to keep your students engaged.
Farm Animal Lapbooks
We offer a variety of farm animal lapbooks. You can use these individually, or you can use a few pieces from each one to create a large farm animal lapbook or notebook. If you are new to lapbooking, check out this lapbook tutorial.
Literature Based Unit Studies That Include Farm Animals
These books are a great springboard for diving deeper into farm life and farm animal studies. The units include lessons on a variety of subjects and topics. Pick and choose the lessons best suited for your student.
- Cook-a-doodle-doo Unit Study (based on the book by Janet Stevens)
- Farmer Boy Unit Study (based on the book by Laura Ingalls Wilder)
- Little Red Hen Lapbook
- Mr. Gumpy’s Outing Unit Study (based on the book by John Burningham)
- Ox-Cart Man Unit Study (based on the book by Donald Hall)
- Petunia Unit Study (based on the book by Roger Duvoisin)
- Thundercake Unit Study (based on the book by Patricia Polacco)
Fun Farm Activities and Printables
In addition to the unit studies and lapbooks above, you can also add some of these fun printables and crafts–great for boosting fine motor skills.
- Farm Animal Cut and Paste Crafts
- Farm Animal Finger Puppets
- Farm Animal Word Search
- Horse Playdough Mat Printables
Farm Animal Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten
If you are looking for more farm animal printables and lessons for younger students, try our Farm Animals Theme for Preschool page. You’ll find a ginormous selection of fine motor, math, and literacy activities.