We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Thanks to Jodi Small for creating this Detectives Lapbook for Homeschool Share.
Learn all about detectives and detective work with this free Detectives Lapbook. It includes information, activities, experiments, and lapbook printables.
Detectives Lapbook Information and Lessons
What Is a Detective?
A detective is an investigator. They are sometimes a member of a police department or someone who used to be a police officer.
Sometimes detectives work by themselves and are called private detectives or P.I.s.
A detective is a person who solves crimes or helps the police find criminals. Criminals are people who commit crimes. Detective work typically requires a great deal of walking.
They use several methods of investigation, or gathering clues, to solve crimes: fingerprints, hair analysis, sketches or pictures, shoe prints, and handwriting analysis.
What are fingerprints? Fingerprints are ridges on the skin.
Oil, dirt, sweat and ink stick in the ridges in the skin so that when the finger touches something else, like a desk or a glass, the fingerprint remains on the object.
Our fingerprints never change and each one is different. There are three main patterns of fingerprints – the loop, the whorl, and the arch.
Detectives Lapbook Printables
In addition to the information about detectives, the file also includes these printable mini-books for your student’s Detectives Lapbook:
- What Is a Criminal? Matchbook
- God Made Me Special File Folder
- What Are Fingerprints? Matchbook
- Fingerprint Dusting Experiment Matchbook
- Written Clues Fan
- Detective Layer Book
- Shoe Prints Tri-fold Mini-book
- My Fingerprints Simple Fold Book
- Three Types of Fingerprints Flap Book
- Hair Sample Venn Diagram Flap Book
- Handwriting Analysis Mini-book
- Magnifying Glass Shape Book
- My Sketch Flap Book
- How Detectives Use Pictures Tab Book
- Finding Footprints Clipboards
How to Get Started with Your Detectives Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Detectives Lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about detectives, police officers, and solving crime. Your student may enjoy reading some mystery books, too.
- Print the Detectives Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about detectives.
Download Your Free Detectives Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to access your free Detectives Lapbook.
More Lapbooks for Your Student
If your student enjoyed our Detectives Lapbook, try these: