We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
These black and white bears are a great choice for an animal study lapbook. Grab some books from your local library and your scissors and glue, and start learning about these shy mammals.
Giant Panda Lapbook Lessons
Here are some sample lessons from the Giant Panda Lapbook:
Giant Panda Communication
Pandas have eleven different calls. They make a bleating sound similar to the sound a lamb or a goat kid would make. It’s a friendly sound, a greeting. They also honk, huff, bark, and growl; young cubs croak and squeal.
Giant Panda Range
In the wild, giant pandas only live in six small forest fragments found in mountain ranges in central and western China, mainly in Sichuan, Shaanxi, and Gansu provinces.
Giant Panda Diet
Pandas have the most specialized diet of any of the bears which includes (almost exclusively) two types of bamboo (arrow and umbrella). In order to survive, a panda needs 40-80 pounds of food each day! This is due to the fact that bamboo is low in nutrition. Bamboo is also hard to digest. A giant panda’s throat and stomach have tough linings to protect them from the toughness of the bamboo.
Other than bamboo, giant pandas also eat grasses, bulbs, fruit, some insects, rodents, and carrion. At zoos, pandas are offered bamboo, carrots, yams, and special leaf eater biscuits made of grain and packed with vitamins and minerals.
To access all of the lessons in this Giant Panda Lapbook, subscribe to Homeschool Share’s email list using the form in this post.
Giant Panda Lapbook Printables
In addition to the research lessons, the file includes these mini-books for your student to create a Giant Panda Lapbook:
- Reasons Why the Giant Panda is Endangered Envelope Fold Book
- Giant Panda Range Map
- Giant Panda Classification Flap Book
- Giant Panda Communication Shape Book
- My Giant Panda Story Pocket
- Giant Panda Matchbooks
- Giant Panda Habitat Mini-book
- Giant Panda Anatomy Shape Book
- Giant Panda Diet Simple Fold Book
- Family Names Side by Side Book
- Brown Bear vs. Giant Panda Bear Venn Diagram Flap Book
- And more!
How to Get Started with Your Giant Panda Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Giant Panda Lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about Giant Pandas.
- Print the Giant Panda Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about Giant Pandas!
Download Your Free Giant Panda Lapbook
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
Check out these other animal lapbook studies.