Units at HSS
Legend of the Easter Egg
Parable of the Lily, The
Bunny Who Found Easter
The Tale of Three Trees
Amanda Bennett Easter Unit Lapbook Helps
Looking for a nature study? Try this
Nature Study Through the Holidays Easter Mini-Unit!
Benjamin's Box by Melody Carlson
The First Easter by Carol Heyer
Peter's First Easter by Walter Wangerin Jr
Cranberry Easter by Wende and Harry Devlin
The Birds' Gift: A Ukrainian Easter Story retold by Eric A. Kimmel
A Tale for Easter by Tasha Tudor
Miss Fannie's Hat by Jan Karon
He is Alive! by Helen Haidle
The Legend of the Sand Dollar by Chris Auer
Journey to the Cross: The Complete Easter Story for Young Readers by Helen Haidle
Miss Suzy's Easter Surprise by Miriam Young
The Easter Story by Heather Amery
Miracle in the Morning by Mary E. Erickson
J is for Jesus: An Easter Alphabet and Activity Book by Debbie Trafton O'Neal
Titus: A Comrade of the Cross published by Lamplighter
1. Palm leaf for Christís triumphant entry into Jerusalem.
2. Animal Crackers for the unleavened bread of the Passover Feast.
3. Chocolate coins for the pieces of silver Judas accepted to betray Jesus. (You could also substitute with 30 silver pieces-- 30 nickels)
4. Lollipop sticks for the nails in His hands and feet. (upside down in basket)
5. Grape juice for the blood he shed. (single serving boxes)
6. Sponge for the vinegar-soaked sponge Jesus drank from.
7. Cross to represent the cross Christ died on.
8. Black cloth for the darkness that covered the Earth at His death.
9. Bath product such as bubble bath and washcloth for the perfumed shroud in which Christ was buried.
10. Hollow chocolate eggs for the empty tomb on Easter morning.
11. Green grass for the new life we have in Jesus.
12. Fluffy marshmallow candy for the cloud into which Jesus ascended.
Optional Resources to Purchase
Who is Jesus? Lapbook from In the Hands of a Child
Easter Project Pack from In the Hands of a Child