We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Do your students love animals? Are you planning a field trip to the zoo? You can create an amazing zoo themed learning adventure for your kids with these zoo activities for preschool and kindergarten.
Browse the lists below to find all the resources you’ll need to create loads of zoo animal learning for your kids.
Fine Motor Activities with a Zoo Theme
Color, trace, cut, and paste to boost fine motor skills and learn about zoo animals at the same time with these printable activities.
- Rainbow Animal Crafts
- Zoo Animal Crafts
- Zoo Animal Tracing Lines Pages
- Zoo Animal Cutting Practice Pages
- Zoo Colors Playdough Mats
- Reptiles Coloring Pages
Math Activities for a Zoo Theme
Review shapes and counting and introduce simple addition and subtraction with these math themed printables.
- Zoo Animals Roll & Cover Dice Games (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Counting Spots Giraffe Math Mat (counting and addition from 2-12)
- Zoo Animals Count & Clip Cards (comparing and counting numbers 1-10)
- Zoo Shapes Tracing Pages
Literature Based Learning Activities for a Zoo Theme
Based on classic picture books, these lessons and printables will help your preschool student learn numbers, quantities, directions, colors, and more!
More Zoo Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten
If you are looking to add a little more pizazz to your zoo theme, try these additional zoo animal activities for preschool and kindergarten students.
- Animal Habitats Emergent Readers (make little books for your student to “read”)
- Zoo Dramatic Play Printables (set up a dramatic play area)
- Reptile Printable Pack for Early Learners
- Aquarium Scavenger Hunt
- Zoo Animal Alphabet Exercise Cards (get moving with these printable exercise cards; a great way to work out gross motor muscles)
- Jellyfish Printables for Early Learners