We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
I love watching seahorses at the aquarium; they are mesmerizing little creatures. Actually, they are fish (who knew?), and they are the only animal on earth where the male bears the unborn babies.
Learn all about the amazing seahorse with our free Seahorse Lapbook.
Seahorse Lapbook Information
Here are some sample lessons from the Seahorse Lapbook:
Where Can Seahorses Be Found?
Seahorses are found in all of the world’s oceans except near the North and South Poles. It’s too cold for them there. Seahorses do not like very deep water. They live near the coasts where it is shallow.
- Coronet: the little crown on top of the seahorse’s head.
- Eyes: A seahorse has two eyes. It can move each eye independently of each other. This means that one eye can look left, while the other eye looks right.
- Snout: A hollow tube like a straw that a seahorse uses to suck up food.
- Fins: A seahorse has two pectoral fins that look like little wings on each side of its neck. On a seahorse’s back is the dorsal fin. These three fins help the seahorse swim.
- Gills: A seahorse’s gills are located just above the pectoral fins. They help the seahorse get oxygen from the water so it can breathe.
- Tail: A seahorse uses its tail mainly to hang on to a piece of seagrass, coral, or even another seahorse.
- Outer skeleton: Instead of scales like other fish, a seahorse’s body is covered with bony plates that are arranged
You can grab a copy of the entire Seahorse Lapbook in an easy-to-print file at the end of this post.
Seahorse Lapbook Printables
This Seahorse Lapbook includes the following mini-books and printables:
- Smallest Seahorse vs. Largest Seahorse
- Seahorse Facts Matchbooks
- Seahorse Relatives Simple Fold Book
- Seahorse Defenses Accordion
- Seahorse Predators Fan
- Seahorse Babies Flap Book
- Compound Word Activity
- Seahorse Anatomy Layer Book
- Seahorse Book Log Cards & Pocket
- Seahorse Fun Fact File Folders
- Seahorse Map
- Seahorse Diet Simple Fold
- Ways to Help Seahorses Simple Fold
How to Get Started with Your Seahorse Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Seahorse Lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about seahorses.
- Print the Seahorse Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about seahorses.
Download Your Seahorse Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to access your free Seahorse Lapbook.
Explore Our Other Ocean Animal Resources
Take a deep dive into the ocean and learn about these other ocean animals.