We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
The pond is an amazing place for kids to learn, explore, and observe. Learn all about this wetland habitat with our Pond Lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Pond Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with the pond animals lapbook, he will be an expert on pond habitats.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. Your student will have to choose specific animals to research. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as Britannica Kids, National Geographic Kids, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the first page help explain new terms to your student. It includes anatomy, diet, predator, defenses, and lifespan.
Pond Lapbook Templates
The printable file includes fourteen lapbook elements for your student to create this habitat lapbook:
- Pond Lapbook Cover Piece
- Pond Habitat Matchbook
- Pond Habitat vs. Ocean Habitat Venn Diagram Flap Book
- Animal Classification Flap Book (Five Types of Vertebrates)
- Pond Invertebrates Matchbook
- Swan Layer Book
- Beaver Tab Book
- Great Blue Heron Tab Book
- Snake Accordion Book
- Mallard Duck Trifold Book
- Salamander T-book
- Frog Simple Fold Book
- Turtle Simple Fold Book
- Pond Food Web Diagram
How to Get Started with Your Pond Animals Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about ponds. You could also look for books about freshwater turtles, frogs, freshwater fish, and insects. You can also encourage your student to use websites.
- Gather supplies: a file folder, scissors, glue, crayons, markers, and a pencil.
- Buy the Pond Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about ponds!
Get Your Pond Habitat Lapbook
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have gobs of animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Check out these pond animal lapbooks: