We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are foxes sly? Are they big and scary? Where do foxes live and how do they communicate? Learn all about foxes with our free Fox Lapbook.
Thanks to Mandy Nihiser for creating this Fox Lapbook for Homeschool Share.
Fox Lapbook Information
Here are some sample lessons from the Fox Lapbook:
Foxes tail provide the fox with balance to run quickly and turn sudden corners. They also use their tales to cover their noses from cold when they sleep.
1. Vixens make soft noises while nursing their kits.
2. Kits whine when they are hungry or lonely.
3. Foxes yelp and bark like dogs to communicate with other foxes.
4. Foxes also communicate by marking their territories with their scent glands. This stinks! Sometimes, people smell this smell and think it is a skunk, but it is actually a fox.
You can grab a copy of the entire Fox Lapbook in an easy-to-print file at the end of this post.
Fox Lapbook Printables
These mini-books are included in the Fox Lapbook:
- Books I Read About Foxes Simple Fold
- Fox Blank Book (use as desired to record additional information you learn while studying foxes)
- New Words Fox Shape Book
- Types of Foxes Shutterflap
- Predator vs. Prey Flap Book
- Fox Range (Map Book)
- Sly Fox’s Math Workbook (simple addition and subtraction for a younger student)
- Where Do Foxes Live? House Shape Book
- Why the Long Tail? Simple Fold
- Fox Communication Mini-book
- Fox Coloring Page
How to Get Started with Your Fox Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Fox Lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about foxes.
- Print the Fox Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about foxes!
Download Your Fox Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to access your free Fox Lapbook.
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have 50+ animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Check out these favorites: