We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
The woods is the perfect place to explore, learn, and grow. Dive into a science adventure with our Forest Lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Forest Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with this research project, he will be an expert on forest animals.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as National Geographic or National Geographic Kids, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the first page help explain new terms to your student. It includes anatomy, diet, predator, defenses, and lifespan.
Forest Lapbook Templates
The printable file includes a variety of lapbook elements for your student to complete this research project.
- Forest Lapbook Cover Piece
- Forest Habitat Matchbook
- Venn Diagram Flap Book
- Animal Classification Flap Book (Five Types of Vertebrates)
- Rabbits in the Forest Matchbook
- Black Bear Layer Book
- Red Fox Tab Book
- White-tailed Deer Tab Book
- Squirrel Accordion Book
- Owl Trifold Book
- Snake T-book
- Skunk Simple Fold Book
- Bird Simple Fold Book
- Forest Food Chain Flap Books
How to Get Started with Your Forest Habitat Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about coniferous forests, deciduous forests, and forest animals (porcupine, bear, deer, fox, raccoon, skunk, woodpeckers, squirrels, chipmunks, etc.). You can also encourage your student to use websites.
- Gather supplies: a file folder, scissors, glue, crayons, markers, and a pencil.
- Buy the Forest Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about the forest.
Get Your Forest Animals Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to check out the details and other habitat lapbooks.
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have gobs of animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Check out these animals from the forest: