We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Do you love classic literature? If you are looking for a hands-on project for the holiday season, try our A Christmas Carol Lapbook. This novella is perfect because it is a short read (which is fantastic during the holiday hustle and bustle), and the messages found throughout the story are timeless and important.
What Will Your Student Learn with the A Christmas Carol Lapbook?
Your student will dive into various elements of literature with this lapbook.
Your student will record new words and definitions, discover the book’s setting, learn about plot, determine the theme, observe the change in Ebenezer Scrooge’s character, describe the four spirits, learn about Charles Dickens, record basic book facts, and more!
This lapbook is probably best suited for middle to upper elementary students, but it can be used with a variety of ages and abilities if you guide your students through the big concepts. Older students could complete it as an independent project.
A Christmas Carol Lapbook Printables
The lapbook includes a variety of mini-books to help your student create an impressive finished project.
- Lapbook Cover Piece
- Setting Simple Fold Book
- Ebenezer Scrooge Tab Book
- Spirits Shutterflap Book
- Plot Diagram & Pocket
- Theme Matchbook
- Christmas Traditions Shutterfold Book
- All About Charles Dickens Layer book
- Favorite Quotes Shape Book
- Who Said It? Simple Fold Book
- New Words Mini-book
- A Christmas Carol Book Shape Book
How to Get Started with Your A Christmas Carol Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- Get a copy of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Read it together (younger student) or let your student read it independently.
- Buy the A Christmas Carol Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose which version to print: the full color mini-books or the black and white mini-books. If you want to use black ink, but your student doesn’t enjoy coloring, consider printing on brightly colored paper (red, yellow, and green might be best for this lapbook).
- Print the mini-books.
- Let your student complete them as you read the book together. Have fun! As a fun bonus activity, watch the movie version.
Get Your A Christmas Carol Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to buy it.
More Christmas Resources
Try these Christmas Crafts and check out these other Christmas resources.