We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Let your student research and learn all about the tropical toucan with our Toucan Lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Toucan Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with the Toucan Lapbook, she will be an expert on these talking birds.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as National Geographic or San Diego Zoo, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the pages will guide her through the process and teach her the meanings of new words.
For example, as your student is completing the Toucan Diet Book, she will read through this information on the page:
What is a diet? A diet includes what the animal eats. Some animals are carnivores; they eat meat. Other animals are herbivores; they eat plants. The animals that eat both meat and plants are called omnivores.
What kind of diet does this animal eat? Draw and label the animal’s diet on the inside of the plate shape book.
Toucan Lapbook Printables
The printable file includes ten mini-books for your student to create a Toucan Lapbook:
- Cover Piece
- Toucan Habitat House Shape Book
- Finding Toucans Map Book
- Toucan Fun Facts Tab Book
- Toucan Predators Matchbook
- Creature Features Layer Book
- Diet Plate Shape Book
- Group Name Simple Fold Book
- Classification Simple Fold Book
- Toucan Communication Clipboard
How to Get Started with Your Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about toucans. You can also encourage your student to use websites.
- Buy the Toucan Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about toucans!
Get Your Toucan Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to check out the details and other animal lapbooks.
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have gobs of animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Explore the list and find other birds and other rainforest animals.