We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Get ready for an adventure with this engaging and interactive Penguin Lapbook. Your student will conduct simple research to learn all about penguins while creating the hands-on lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Penguin Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with the Penguin Lapbook, she will be an expert on these waddling birds.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as National Geographic or National Geographic Kids, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the pages will guide her through the process and teach her the meanings of new words.
For example, as your student is completing the Classification Book, she will read through this information on the page:
Animals are classified into different groups. The most basic groups are reptiles, amphibians, fish, birds, and mammals. What is this animal? Write it inside the book.
If you want, do more research and write more information about its classification inside the mini-book.
Penguin Lapbook Printables
The printable file includes ten mini-book for your student to create a Penguin Lapbook:
- Penguin Cover Piece
- Penguin Habitat House Shape Book
- Finding Penguins Map Book
- Penguin Fun Facts Tab Book
- Penguin Predators Matchbook
- Creature Features Layer Book
- Penguin Diet Plate Shape Book
- Group Name Simple Fold Book
- Classification Simple Fold Book
- Penguin Communication Clipboard
How to Get Started with Your Penguin Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about penguins. You can also encourage your student to use websites.
- Buy the Penguin Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about these marvelous birds!
Get Your Penguin Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to check out the details and other animal lapbooks.
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have gobs of animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Check out these: