We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Can you think of a theme that’s more fun than ice cream? I can’t! Grab our Ice Cream Shop Dramatic Play printables and let your students learn and play at the same time!
Benefits of Dramatic Play
Why should you encourage pretend play for your preschool and kindergarten students? Because it is brain-building!
Pretend play is beneficial for your student because it promotes:
- creativity and imagination
- fine motor skills
- gross motor skills
- social development
- language and communication skills
- problem-solving abilities
What’s Included in the Ice Cream Shop Dramatic Play Set?
Ice Cream Dramatic Play Signs and Badges
This set of ice cream shop pretend play printables includes a variety of signs to set up shop.
- Welcome to the Ice Cream Shop Sign
- Come In We Are Open Sign
- Sorry We are Closed Sign
- Order Here Sign
- Today’s Special Sign
It also includes badges for your children to wear for role play. For extra durability, print on cardstock and laminate.
Pretend Play Ice Cream Shop Cash Register, Money, and Coupons
This free set of printables also includes a pretend cash register and play money.
Students may also enjoy using the set of coupons and punch cards.
Pretend Play Ice Cream Shop Menu and Order Forms
Your students can have fun ordering at the ice cream parlor using the printable menus and order forms.
Other Ice Cream Shop Dramatic Play Printables
In addition to the signs, order form, menus, and cash register, this set also includes some ice cream shapes for your students to color, cut out, and use as part of the ice cream dramatic play area.
Props to Add to Your Pretend Play Ice Cream Shop
Adding a variety of props to your dramatic play center will help foster your students’ creativity and imagination. Here are a few items to spark more ice cream pretend play ideas:
- Cash Register
- Play Money
- Hole Punch (for the ice cream punch cards)
- Pompoms (for pretend ice cream or toppings) & Tongs (to boost fine motor skills)
- Yarn Pieces (for pretend toppings)
- Tissue Paper (wadded up for ice cream scoops)
- Plastic Bowls
- Plastic Spoons
- Cardboard Ice Cream Cartons (washed and dried)
- Scoop and Stack Ice Cream Set
- Rainbow Color Cones
Ice Cream Books for Preschool and Kindergarten
Help your students learn more about ice cream (and spark more ideas!) with these picture books.
- From Milk to Ice Cream by Bridget Heos
- Wemberly’s Ice-Cream Star by Kevin Henkes
- The Little Ice Cream Truck by Margery Cuyler
- Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
Download Your Ice Cream Shop Dramatic Play Free Printables
Click on the image below to grab your free set of Ice Cream Shop Pretend Play printables.
More Pretend Play Sets
We have gobs of fun dramatic play sets. Try some of these: