We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
This lapbook includes printable activities based on the book Hanna’s Cold Winter by Trish Marx.
Hanna was a hippopotamus in the Budapest zoo. Hanna and the other hippos thrived in the warm springs which flowed from the ground. One winter, however, it was so cold that the river froze. There was a war going on, and the people and animals were starving. But the people of Budapest made a plan to save their beloved hippos.
Thanks to Debbie Palmer and Wende for helping me with this Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook.
Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook Printables
This lapbook includes bits and pieces of lessons, but you will need to help your student with some of the independent research.
The following mini-books are provided for your student to create a Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook:
- Hippopotamus Range Map
- Hippo Fun Facts Pocket and Cards
- What’s in a Name? Pop-up Book
- Hippos at Night & Hippos in the Day Shutterfold Book
- Hippos in the Water Accordion Book
- Cute and Cuddly? Matchbook
- How Wide Can a Hippo Open Its Mouth? Simple Fold Book
- What Is an Amphibious Animal? Simple Fold Book
- What Is an Herbivore? Simple Fold Book
- Hippo Lifespan Simple Fold Book
- My Height vs. a Hippo’s Height Flap Book
- My Weight vs. a Hippo’s Weight Flap Book
- Hippopotamus Coloring Image
- Where in the World is Hungary? Shutterfold Book
- Flag of Hungary Simple Fold Book
- Hungary vs. USA Population Graph
- What Is the Capital City of Hungary? Simple Fold
- What Is the Official Language of Hungary? Simple Fold
- Geography of Hungary Flap Book
- Budapest Hungary Accordion Book
- Comparing Hanna’s Cold Winter to Stone Soup Venn Diagram Flap Book
- Hanna’s Cold Winter Copywork Page
- Animal Riddles Flap Book
- My Favorite Riddles Matchbooks
- Hungarian Zoo Activity
- And more!
How to Get Started with the Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook:
- Buy a copy of the book, Hanna’s Cold Winter, or borrow one from your local library.
- Choose and print the lapbook printables you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of literature lapbooking with your student.
Download Your Free Hanna’s Cold Winter Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to grab the free Hanna’s Cold Winter lapbook.
Learn About Other Zoo Animals
Hanna was a hippo in a zoo. If your student is interested, learn about other zoo animals.