We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
I created this Pat-a-Cake lapbook when my youngest son was a toddler. He wanted some school to do (just like big brother), and he was thrilled to have something of his own.
This is a simple set of printables designed for a toddler or preschooler. Have fun with the rhymes and songs–that’s the best part.
You can use these Pat-a-Cake printables as you desire in a blank board book, in a lapbook, or on cardstock in a folder.
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake baker’s man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Pat it and prick it and mark it with (insert child’s first initial)
Put it in the oven for (insert child’s name) and me!
Supplies Needed for the Pat-a-Cake Lapbook
- Brown Paper
- White Puffy Paint
- White Tempera Paint
- Baking supplies to complete activities below
Pat-a-Cake Lapbook Activities
Here are the printables included in this Pat-a-Cake lapbook:
- Pat-a-Cake cover page
- “Do You Know the Muffin Man?” song
- Muffin Matching Game
- “Hot-cross Buns!” song
- Putting crosses on the hot cross buns
- Sorting one and two
- “Pat-a-Cake” rhyme
- C is for Cake
- Gingerbread rhyme
- “Frost” the gingerbread cookies
Other Pat-a-Cake Activities
Your pat-a-cake activities won’t be complete without some baking! Enjoy these memory making moments with your preschool student.
- Make muffins together; read If You Give a Moose a Muffin
- Make gingerbread men together
- Play with playdough and cookie cutters
- Visit a bakery and try some new treats
- Make scones (recipe is found in the downloadable file)
- Paste pictures of your baking adventures in your lapbook or notebook
Pat-a-Cake Lapbook Library List
- Try this fun spin on the old classic rhyme, Pat-a-Cake by Mary Brigid Barrett
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- The Gingerbread Man
For extra fun, you may want to buy your child a chef’s hat or a chef role play costume.
How to Get Started with the Pat-a-Cake Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Pat-a-Cake lapbook:
- Print the Pat-a-Cake unit study
- Find sweet treat themed books at your local library (see our library list above).
- Choose the lapbook printables and activities you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of singing and baking with your preschool student.
Download Your Pat-a-Cake Lapbook
Simply click the image below to grab your free Pat-a-Cake Lapbook.
More Sweet Treat Themed Resources
If you are looking for more sweet fun for your preschool student, try these printables.