We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
What do koalas eat? How long do they sleep? What about those pouches? Learn all about koalas with this Koala Lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Koala Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with the Koala Lapbook, she will be an expert on these cute marsupials.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as National Geographic or National Geographic Kids, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the pages will guide her through the process and teach her the meanings of new words.
For example, as your student is completing the Diet Plate Shape Book, she will read through this information on the page:
What is a diet? A diet includes what the animal eats. Some animals are carnivores; they eat meat. Other animals are herbivores; they eat plants. The animals that eat both meat and plants are called omnivores.
What kind of diet does this animal eat? Draw and label the animal’s diet on the inside of the plate shape book.
Koala Lapbook Printables
The printable file includes ten mini-book for your student to create a Koala Lapbook:
- Cover Piece
- Koala Habitat House Shape Book
- Finding Koalas Map Book
- Koala Fun Facts Tab Book
- Koala Predators Matchbook
- Creature Features Layer Book
- Koala Diet Plate Shape Book
- Group Name Simple Fold Book
- Classification Simple Fold Book
- Koala Communication Clipboard
How to Get Started with Your Koala Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about koalas. You can also encourage your student to use reliable websites.
- Buy the Koala Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about koalas!
Get Your Koala Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to check out the details and other animal lapbooks.
Explore More Australian Animal Resources
Do you want to learn more about Australian animals? Try these printable resources: