We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
There’s more than corn in Indiana! I know it’s hard to believe, but Indiana’s history is full of amazing people, places, and events.
This set of Indiana History Lapbook printables is perfect for a homeschool cooperative (which is the original reason it was written). You can pick just a few pieces for a lapbook, or you can use a notebook for a more comprehensive Indiana history project.
Thanks to Jodi Small for preparing this Indiana History Lapbook.
Indiana History Lapbook Printables
The file includes lessons to use with this set of Indiana History printables:
Lesson One: Where Are We?
- Indiana Map Shutterfold Book
- My City Tab Book
- How My Family Came to Indiana Simple Fold Book
- My Family Heritage Mini-book
- Design a postcard for your city
Lesson Two: State Symbols & Timeline
- Indiana State Bird and Flower Coloring Page
- Indiana State Motto Simple Fold Book
- Indiana State Symbols Tab Book
- Indiana Timeline
Lesson Three: Meet the Native Peoples
- Mounds Builders Flap Book
- What Does Indiana Mean? Shape Book
- Tribes in Indiana Simple Fold Book
Lesson Four: Early Explorers
- Robert LaSalle’s Explorations Map
- Why Did LaSalle Travel to Indiana? Simple Fold
Lesson Five: Battles
- Indian Chiefs Twice Folded Book
- Battle of Tippecanoe Flap Book
Lesson Six: Pioneer Life
- Hoosier Beginnings Flap Book
- Pioneer Life Flap Book
- A Day in the Life Pocket
Lesson Seven: Civil War
- Levi Coffin House Flap Book
Lesson Eight: Famous Hoosiers
- Famous Hoosiers Matchbooks and Cover
This book includes: Gus Grissom, Ernie Pyle, Wilbur Wright, Eli Lily, John Chapman, Dan Quayle, Anthony Wayne, William Henry Harrison, and Benjamin Harrison.
- Famous Hoosier Report Pocket
Lesson Nine: Indiana Authors
Lesson Ten: Is There More Than Corn in Indiana?
- Early Automobiles Side by Side Book
- More Than Corn in Indiana Flap Book (grow, mine, produce)
Lesson Eleven: Indiana Government
- Age Requirements for Public Offices Flap Book
- Government Officials File Folders
Lesson Twelve: Weather Records
- Extreme Weather Envelope Fold Book
Lesson Thirteen: Sports in Indiana
- Indy 500 Tri-fold Book
How to Get Started with the Indiana History Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Indiana History Lapbook.
- Check out books about Indiana from your local library.
- Choose and print the lapbook printables you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy learning about this great state!
Download Your Free Indiana History Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to grab the free lapbook.
Unit Studies Set in Indiana
Check out these additional unit studies that are set in Indiana.