We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
This literature based lapbook includes printable activities based on the book If You Lived with the Iroquois by Ellen Levine.
This book describes what life was like for the Iroquois hundreds of years ago. By putting the reader in the empathetic position of posing the information as questions, the reader is drawn into the subject matter in a realistic and exciting way. The reader discovers the rich culture of the Iroquois from their festivals, religion, education, work, and beliefs.from If You Lived With The Iroquois at amazon.com
Thanks to Jimmie for preparing the If You Lived with the Iroquois lapbook.
If You Lived with the Iroquois Lapbook Printables
As you read If You Lived with the Iroquois, your student can work through the following mini-books to make a lapbook:
- Names of Iroquois League Wheel
- Iroquois Territory Map Simple Fold Book
- Five Nations Flap Book
- Iroquois Trail Shutterfold Book
- Storytelling Accordion Book
- Wampum Simple Fold Book
- Longhouse Book
- Fireside and Longhouse Families Split Matchbook
- Iroquois Clans Fan Book
- Naming Babies Simple Fold Book
- Names in Our Clan Petal Book
- Three Sisters Flap Book
- Iroquois Food Simple Fold Book
- Uses of Corn Fan Book
- Hair Simple Fold Book
- Longnose Pop-up Book
- Preparing Deerskin Envelope Fold Book
- Moccasins Fan Book
- Snowshoe Fan Book
- Iroquois Healers Wheel
- Iroquois Calendars Matchbook
- Work in Four Seasons Flap Book
- Iroquois Sports (four petal books in a folder)
- Iroquois Creation Story Matchbook
- Iroquois Festivals Accordion
- Iroquois League Flap Book
- Iroquois Council Shutterfold Book
- Storyteller Simple Fold Book
How to Get Started with the If You Lived with the Iroquois Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the If You Lived with the Iroquois Lapbook:
- Buy a copy of the book, If You Lived with the Iroquois by Ellen Levine, or grab one from your local library.
- Choose and print the lapbook printables you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of literature lapbooking with your student.
This lapbook was made with two file folders and two extra pieces of cardstock. Each file folder has a piece of cardstock taped to the center section to make the extension.
Grab Your If You Lived with the Iroquois Lapbook
When you receive this file, please note that the lapbook comes in two options: a color version and a black and white version. Simply pick the version you want and print it.
More Resources for Learning About American Indians
Use these other literature based resources to learn more about American Indians.