We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Hippos are huge; they are the second largest land animal on earth. Let your student research and learn all about these amazing creatures with our Hippo Lapbook.
How to Complete Research for the Hippo Lapbook
By the time your student is finished with the Hippo Lapbook, she will be an expert on the mighty hippopotamus.
This lapbook was designed to give your student ample research opportunities. I recommend teaching your student how to find quality websites such as National Geographic or National Geographic Kids, or going to the library to get books for this project.
Your student will have to conduct simple research in order to create this lapbook. However, prompts on the pages will guide her through the process and teach her the meanings of new words.
For example, as your student is completing the Creature Features Book, she will read through this information on the page about anatomy:
Anatomy includes the physical characteristics of an animal. What is this animal’s anatomy? How tall is it? How much does it weigh? Record facts about the animal’s anatomy on the pages provided.
Hippo Lapbook Printables
The printable file includes ten mini-book for your student to create a Hippo Lapbook:
- Cover Piece
- Hippo Habitat House Shape Book
- Finding Hippos Map Book
- Hippo Fun Facts Tab Book
- Hippo Predators Matchbook
- Creature Features Layer Book
- Hippo Diet Plate Shape Book
- Group Name Simple Fold Book
- Classification Simple Fold Book
- Hippo Communication Clipboard
How to Get Started with Your Hippo Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the lapbook.
- If you want, go to your local library and check out books about hippos. You can also encourage your student to use websites.
- Buy the Hippo Lapbook from the Tip-Top Printables Shop.
- Choose from two versions: full color mini-books or black and white mini-books.
- Print and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning all about hippos!
Get Your Hippo Lapbook
You can snag your lapbook right here, or you can go to the shop to check out the details and other animal lapbooks.
Explore More Animal Lapbooks
We have gobs of animal lapbooks at Homeschool Share. Check out these other African animals: