We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Encourage creative thinking and literacy through storytelling with this free Goldilocks and the three bears puppets printable.
Mother Bear made porridge and the bears decided to go for a walk in the woods while it cools. While they are away, a little girl named Goldilocks wanders inside their home, eats some porridge, breaks a chair, and finally falls asleep in Baby Bear’s bed. When the bears return, Goldilocks is startled! What will happen?
Goldilocks and the Three Bears Stick Puppets Characters
This set of popsicle stick puppets includes these characters and objects:
- Father Bear
- Mother Bear
- Baby Bear
- A Table (with three bowls of porridge)
- Three chairs (one for Father Bear, one for Mother Bear, and one for Baby Bear)
- Three Beds (one for Father Bear, one for Mother Bear, and one for Baby Bear)
The printable file also includes a background scene with the Three Bears’ house.
How to Assemble the Printable Goldilocks and the Three Bears Puppets
Assemble the puppets by following these simple instructions:
- Print the puppets pages and background scene on cardstock.
- If desired, laminate the puppets for durability.
- Cut out the puppets.
- Glue the puppets to popsicle sticks. You can glue them with the character at the bottom of the stick or with the character at the top of the stick.
The Three Bears Story Retelling Activity
This set of puppets is a fantastic way for kids to retell the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Read a Goldilocks and the Three Bears story and then let your student act out the story. We created a simple stage with a box (the flat kind that holds 12 cans), a wooden rod, and some red fabric.
If you laminate the background scene that comes in this printable pack, you can easily tape and remove it from the box. Then you can use and reuse the stage with other fairy tale puppets.
Students can act out the traditional story, or they can have fun putting their own unique twists into the story; they could even add some original puppet creations. Encourage them to have fun and to be creative.
Three Bears Books for Kids
Read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears to your students so they can use the puppets to retell (or reinvent!) it.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Jan Brett
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears by James Marshall
- The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett
- Leola and the Honeybears by Melodye Rosales
Get Your Free Goldilocks and the Three Bears Puppets Printable
Grab your free set of printable Goldilocks and the Three Bears Puppets so your student can retell the story in a fun, engaging way. Subscribe to the newsletter below to receive your puppets.
Additional Three Bears Activities
If your student enjoys this folktale, try our Goldilocks and the Three Bears Lapbook.