We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
If you are looking for something quick, cute, and easy for Chinese New Year, try our printable Year of the Rabbit craft for kids. It’s a great way to celebrate the holiday with just a few craft supplies.
Supplies Needed for the Printable Year of the Rabbit Craft
To create this Chinese New Year craft scene, you’ll need a few basic craft supplies:
- white cardstock
- markers or crayons (or even paint and glitter, if you are brave)
How to Assemble the Year of the Rabbit Craft for Kids
In order to make the Year of the Rabbit printable craft, follow these instructions:
- Choose the foreground page that you like the best. You have four options: Chinese New Year, Happy New Year, Year of the Rabbit, and a rabbit with a blank space for your student to add his own text.
- Print off the three pages of the this coloring scene on to white cardstock: foreground, middle ground, and background.
- Color all three sections. Your student will get to color a multitude of Chinese New Year images: Chinese lanterns, a pagoda, fireworks, and a rabbit!
- Carefully trim off all the grey areas (grey dotted lines indicate where to cut).
- Fold the side flaps forwards or backwards as indicated and read the instructions on each flap for info on where to glue each one. You will work in alphabetical order to attach the flaps.
- The completed scene will be able to stand on its own. This is a great way to add some holiday fun to your classroom or home. Your student could also gift it to a friend or family member.
Get Your Free Chinese New Year Craft
If you’d like to make this fun Chinese New Year craft with your kids, just click on the link below to snag it.
Learn More about China with These Printable Activities
If you’d like to use this craft to springboard into learning all about China, try these other printable resources: