We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Whenever I notice that I’m starting to fall into a funk, I try to remember all of the crazy-amazing things I have to be thankful for.
This is a great skill to teach to children–helping them learn how to focus on the things that are good.
You can cultivate thanksgiving in your own home or classroom with this I Am Thankful Lapbook.
What’s Included in the I Am Thankful Lapbook?
This lapbook works for a variety of ages and abilities. It includes several mini-books that will help your student to understand what it means to be thankful as well as the specific things they are thankful for.
Pick and choose from the mini-books provided in order to meet the needs of your students.
- I Am Thankful Lapbook Cover Piece
- I Am Thankful for Nature Leaf Shape Book
- I Am Thankful for Friends Matchbook
- I Am Thankful for My Family Frame
- I Am Thankful for Animals Accordion Book
- I Am Thankful for Food Pumpkin Shape Book
- I Am Thankful for Places Simple Fold Book
- I am Thankful for People in My Community Book
- I Am Thankful for Toys Oval Shape Book
- What Does It Mean to Be Thankful? Simple Fold Book
Each page of the lapbook also includes some prompts to help your students consider what they are thankful for. For example, on the I Am Thankful for Nature Leaf Fan page, it has this prompt:
Use this book to record favorite your objects in nature: sun, rocks, clouds, stars, thunder, rain, flowers, grass, leaves, trees, etc.
Write or draw at least one on each leaf shape.
On the I Am Thankful for Animals Accordion page, it has this prompt:
Even if you don’t have a pet, you can still be thankful for animals.
Do you have a classroom pet? Do you know a therapy animal? Or do you have a favorite animal?
Use the inside of the book to record the names of the animals you are thankful for.
How to Get Started with the I Am Thankful Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with this lapbook.
- Go to the Tip-Top Printables Shop and buy the lapbook.
Thanks for your support!
- Print the black and white OR the full color version of the I Am Thankful Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of focusing on being grateful for the amazing people, places, and things in our lives.
Here is a sample of the I Am Thankful Lapbook. It was made with just one file folder.
Books About Being Thankful
If you’d like, add some literature to this lapbook project. Read some books to your students to facilitate discussion about being thankful and thanksgiving.