We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Would you like to add Spanish lessons to your homeschool, but you don’t know where to start? Try our Spanish Lapbook!
A huge thanks to Debbie Palmer and Kelly C. for creating this valuable homeschool resource.
Our Spanish Lapbook is the perfect way to gently introduce the Spanish language to your student.
Spanish Lapbook Lessons
This Spanish Lapbook includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: The Spanish Alphabet
- Lesson 2: Animals
- Lesson 3: Spanish Colors and Numbers
- Lesson 4: Introduction to “The”
- Lesson 5: Clothing
- Lesson 6: Noun and Adjective Agreement
- Lesson 7: Weather and the Seasons
- Lesson 8: Days of the Week
- Lesson 9: Months and Dates
- Lesson 10: Body Parts
- Lesson 11: Basic Adjectives
- Lesson 12: Basic Verbs
- Lesson 13: Emotions
- Lesson 14: Around the House
- Lesson 15: Position Words (prepositions)
Each Spanish lesson includes instructions for the teacher as well as lapbook activities for the student.
Here is a sample lesson from the Spanish Lapbook:
Lesson 1 Introduce and Teach Letters of the Alphabet
Throughout the lessons if you need to hear how the words are pronounced see this site.
- Teach the names of the alphabet in order.
- Lay out the alphabet cards. Call out a letter and see if your student can point to the correct letter. If you have more than one student, you can call out a letter and see who can slap it first. The first one to get the correct letter keeps the card. The object is to collect the most cards.
- Play the “Find the Letter” game. Call out one of the letters on the page and have your student mark it. Go through as many as the letters on the page that you want, checking them as you go.
- Play “Where’s the hidden letter?” with the alphabet cards. Set out about seven cards and go over the names of the letters. Then turn them over and call out one of the seven letters and see if your student can turn it over and find it.
The lessons build on one another, so the Spanish Lapbook is a great tool to review and cement previous lessons.
To access all of the lessons in the Spanish Lapbook, subscribe to Homeschool Share’s email list using the form in this post.
Spanish Lapbook Printables
In addition to the lessons, the file also includes printable activities so your student can create a Spanish Lapbook (or notebook).
These are some of the mini-books included:
- Alphabet Cards & Pocket
- Find the Letters Game
- Animal Cards & Pockets
- Numbers Flap Books
- Colors Fan Book
- The Shutterflap Book
- Paper People and Clothes
- Seasons Envelope Book
- Weather Cards & Pocket
- Days of the Week Flap Book
- Months of the Year Flap Book
- And more!
How to Get Started with the Spanish Lapbook
- Decide how long you are going to use the study. You can move through the Spanish Lapbook as slowly or as quickly as you wish. If you complete one lesson per week, the Spanish Lapbook will be finished in a semester. Alternatively, you could complete one lesson every two weeks and finish the lapbook in the course of one year.
- Print the Spanish Lapbook.
- Enjoy learning a new language together!
Get Your Free Spanish Lapbook
Check out these related resources: