We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
What is kindness? Kindness is the quality of being friendly, considerate, and generous toward other people.
Grab our Kindness Lapbook and start learning about this important character quality.
Kindness Lapbook Mini-books
These mini-books are included in the free Kindness Lapbook.
1. Definition File Folder
Use this file folder to record a definition of kindness.
2. Showing Kindness Fan
Write examples of ways you can show kindness to others.
3. Kindness Who’s Who?
Read through and discuss the scenarios. Have your student sort them into pockets. Who was showing kindness? Who was not showing kindness?
4. The Golden Rule Matchbook.
Write the golden rule inside this matchbook. Discuss it with your student.
5. Word Search
Discuss the kindness-related words and find them in the Kindness Word Search.
6. Bible Verse Cards
Read and discuss the Bible verses. How do they relate to kindess? Print the cards and store in the pocket. If desired, use the cards for copywork.
Kindness Book List
Learn more about kindness with these picture books. Read and discuss how the characters displayed (or did not display) the character quality of kindness.
- Alejandro’s Gift by Richard E. Albert (find our free unit study for this book here)
- The Rag Coat by Lauren A. Mills
- Strictly No Elephants by Lisa Mantchev
- Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
- The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
How to Get Started with Your Kindness Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Kindness Lapbook.
- Print the Kindness Lapbook.
- Choose and prepare the lapbook mini-books you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of learning and practicing kindness.
Get Your Free Kindness Lapbook
Additional Character Building Lapbooks
Check out our nine other character building lapbooks: