We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
The shape candies need to find their way to the shape houses. Enlist your student to help decorate the gingerbread houses by completing the gingerbread shape mazes printable.
Benefits of the Shape Mazes
This set of shape mazes provides many benefits for your preschool or kindergarten student.
- Mazes improve executive function skills such as planning and brainstorming as your student determines how to solve the maze.
- The shape mazes will also boost fine motor skills as your student colors or traces through the path of the maze.
- Additionally, mazes require your student to use his or her eyes to find possible solutions. This will help build the visual motor skill of scanning which your student will use in the future for reading and writing.
- Mazes also boost student confidence. When a student completes the puzzle, he can take pride in a job well done.
What’s Included in the Shape Mazes Printable Pack?
This set of shape mazes includes one maze for each of the following shapes.
Have your student examine each maze closely. How many of the shapes can be found? (If you observe closely, you can note that even the windows on the gingerbread houses come in different shapes!)
If your student is ready, use the pages for counting practice. Count the shapes on the activity page found throughout the maze.
How to Use the Gingerbread Shape Mazes
This set of Gingerbread Shape Mazes is easy to use.
Motivate your students by telling them that they are helping the candies find their way to the gingerbread houses in order to decorate the houses.
- Print the mazes.
- Give your student a crayon.
- If desired, introduce or review the name of the shape on the maze printable.
- Show your student how to follow the shape through the maze to help the gumdrops and peppermint candies find their way to decorate the gingerbread house.
- If you want, laminate the mazes or put them in a dry erase pocket so that they can be used again and again. If you choose this option, give your student a dry erase marker to complete the shape mazes.
Get Your Set of Gingerbread Shape Mazes
Subscribe to the newsletter using the form below in order to receive your free set of gingerbread shape mazes.
More Gingerbread Printables for Preschool and Kindergarten
Are you prepping or planning a gingerbread theme? Snag some of these printables: