We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Grab these adorable Bugs Cutting Practice Worksheets and help your student develop scissor skills.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Bugs Cutting Practice Worksheets?
When your student practices cutting, she is learning more than just how to use scissors. Your student experiences multiple benefits.
- Learning to use scissors helps a child develop focus as they look at the paper and determine where to cut.
- Scissor skills work and strengthen a child’s hand muscles.
- Using scissors builds fine motor muscles that will be used for other tasks such as handwriting.
- Scissor skills boost two-handed coordination.
- When your student finishes a cutting page, he will develop confidence that he can complete a task.
What’s Included in the Bugs Cutting Practice Pages?
This set of bugs scissor skills worksheets includes ten different cut and color activities. You’ll find a variety of insects and other bugs:
- Ladybug Cutting Practice Page
- Bee Cutting Practice Page
- Beetle Cutting Practice Page
- Ant Cutting Practice Page
- Butterfly Cutting Practice Page
- Dragonfly Cutting Practice Page
- Grasshopper Cutting Practice Page
- Earthworm Cutting Practice Page
- Snail Cutting Practice Page
- Spider Cutting Practice Page
How to Use the Bugs Scissor Skills Worksheets
The scissor skills pages are super simple to use.
- Print the cutting pages.
- Let your student choose one.
- Encourage your student to color the picture.
- Encourage your student to cut out the picture, using the lines provided.
- Don’t worry about perfection, especially if your student hasn’t mastered the skill of cutting yet.
- If desired, let your student glue the bug to a piece of construction paper and give the art away to an aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or friend!
Grab Your Set of Bugs Cutting Practice Worksheets
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of bugs cutting pages.
More Insect Printables for Your Bug Theme
If you’re building a bug or insect theme for preschool or kindergarten, try some of these other printables: