We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Grab your crayons, scissors, and these St. Patrick’s Day Cutting Practice worksheets and help your student develop scissor skills.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Preschool Cutting Pages?
When your student practices cutting, she is learning more than just how to use scissors. Your student experiences multiple benefits.
- Learning to use scissors helps a child develop focus as they look at the paper and determine where to cut.
- Scissor skills work and strengthen a child’s hand muscles.
- Using scissors builds fine motor muscles that will be used for other tasks such as handwriting.
- Scissor skills boost two-handed coordination.
- When your student finishes a cutting page, he will develop confidence that he can complete a task.
What’s Included in the St. Patrick’s Day Cutting Practice Pages?
This set of scissor cutting practice pages includes seven different cut and color activities.
- Flag of Ireland Cut and Color Page
- Horseshoe Cut and Color Page
- Pot of Gold Cut and Color Page
- Shamrock Cut and Color Page
- Rainbow Cut and Color Page
- Leprechaun Hat Cut and Color Page
- Gold Coin Cut and Color Page
If you are looking for more preschool cutting practice pages, try this page; you’ll find a wide variety of topics and themes.
How to Use the St. Patrick’s Day Cutting Practice Pages
This set of scissor skill worksheets is easy to use. No prep is required–just print and go!
- Print the cutting pages.
- Let your student choose one.
- Encourage your student to color the picture.
- Encourage your student to cut out the picture, using the lines provided.
Don’t worry about perfection, especially if your student hasn’t mastered the skill of cutting yet.
- If desired, let your student glue the St. Patrick’s Day image to a piece of construction paper and give the art away to an aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or friend! The cut-outs could be used to make Saint Patrick’s Day cards.
Grab Your Free Set of Cutting Practice Pages
Simply click on the image below to snag your free set of Saint Patrick’s Day cutting worksheets.
More St. Patrick’s Day Printables for Your Preschool and Kindergarten Students
If you are looking for more Saint Patrick’s Day printables, try some of these:
- That’s What Leprechauns Do Unit Study & Printables
- Saint Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Counting Coins Math Mat
- St. Patrick’s Day Roll and Cover Games