We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Combine math and fine motor skills for an engaging hands-on experience with this printable Rabbit Math Mat game. It’s a perfect addition to a spring or rabbit theme for your preschool and kindergarten students.
Use the Rabbit Math Mat to Explore Counting and Simple Addition
The Rabbit Math Mat can be used to teach counting, and it can be used to teach simple addition.
If you want to explore counting with your student, use one dice. Student rolls the dice, counts the dots, and uses manipulatives to add the corresponding number of playdough carrots to the math mat.
If you want to teach simple addition, your student will need two dice. Student rolls the dice and adds then numbers and then student places the corresponding number of manipulatives to the math mat.
Benefits of Hands-on Learning
The Rabbit Math Mat uses hands-on learning to teach counting and simple addition. As students roll the dice and add the manipulatives to the page, they are playing with math.
Hands-on learning is essential for preschool and kindergarten students.
- It allows students to use their senses to explore new concepts.
- It improves fine motor skills.
- It allows young learners to make mistakes and problem solve.
- It also engages multiple areas of their brains while creating new connections.
Using playdough with this Rabbit Math Mat gives your student’s fine motor skills a boost and makes learning seem like play.
How to Get Started with the Rabbit Math Mat Game
The printable Rabbit Math Mat is easy to use. Follow these directions:
- Print the Rabbit Math Mat.
- Laminate the mat, or put it in a Dry Erase Sleeve or page protector.
- Gather dice and any manipulatives you need.
- Show your student how to use the math mat.
Download the Free Rabbit Math Mat Game
Simply click on the image below to grab your printable Rabbit Math Mat.
More Rabbit Themed Preschool and Kindergarten Printables
Hop to it, and grab these other rabbit themed printables for your early learner.